Be proactive. Follow the guidelines below to protect yourself, your family, and your home.
- Inspect your trees often!
- Get your trees checked immediately if you see -- or think you see -- any of the warning signs mentioned in our four-zone inspection.
- A Certified Arborist should check large trees regularly, every three years at a minimum.
- Get your trees checked more frequently during extreme weather cycles, such as long periods of excessive rainfall or drought.
- Look at your trees after serious weather events, such as a very strong wind, overly excessive rain, or ice storm. When you walk around your house, look carefully at your roof, too. Roof punctures caused by falling branches can lead to terrible water damage inside your home.
- Get your trees pruned by a professional arborist to remove any weak, broken, cracked, or dead branches. (Remember--don't allow any tree trimmer to climb using leg spikes!) Have this done at least every three years or when you notice them. This will help keep your trees safe, healthy, and beautiful.